Here's what some of the data looks like from Instant Car Check:
Interestingly you can see that this BMW has had 2 colour changes.
You can see how many owners the car has had as well as when the last owner acquired it.
Below you can also see that this vehicle has not been recorded as stolen by the police or by any insurance company, not at risk but that the vehicle has had a number plate change. Usually this plate change is listed in a separate part of the document.
Also note that the vehicle is not recorded as written off or as a repaired vehicle.
You can see if the plate has been changed at any point:
- Track Your Vehicle Down
- The British Newspaper Archive
- The British Newspaper Archive - Continued
- Is Your Car Still Insured?
- The DVLA Websites: Look Up Your Car
- Your DVLA Car Records
- SORNed Or Scrapped Car?
- Commercial Vehicle Reports
- What The Car Data Looks Like
- How Many Left
- Use RegArchive And VRegs In Depth To Trace Cars
- Contacting The DVLA For Car Information