There's a great website out that, that whilst it can't give you specific information about your car, it does give a general view of how many of a particular type of car are still around (either taxed or SORNed).
You can find out how many Ford Capris are around (maybe 600 odd) or Bond Bugs (remember those?).
You can also check to see how many of each year of registration are still in existence and what engine sizes have survived (alarmingly there appears to be a Ford Capri with a 6500cc litre engine in existence.
A great site to check how many of your old classics are still on the road.
- Track Your Vehicle Down
- The British Newspaper Archive
- The British Newspaper Archive - Continued
- Is Your Car Still Insured?
- The DVLA Websites: Look Up Your Car
- Your DVLA Car Records
- SORNed Or Scrapped Car?
- Commercial Vehicle Reports
- What The Car Data Looks Like
- How Many Left
- Use RegArchive And VRegs In Depth To Trace Cars
- Contacting The DVLA For Car Information